Abingdon Elementary Library
"Where the love of children and books come together!"
7:45 am to 3:30 pm
Scholastic Book Fair link: http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/abingdonelementaryschool
Student Loan Policy
Kindergarten: One library book bi-weekly
Grade 1: Two library books (at least one book should be for the AR program unless the classroom teacher specifies differently).
Grade 2: Two library books (at least one book should be for the AR program unless the classroom teacher specifies differently).
Grade 3: Two library books (at least one book should be for the AR program unless the classroom teacher specifies differently).
Grades 4 & 5: Two library books (at least one book should be for the AR program unless the classroom teacher specifies differently), plus a magazine to equal three total items checked out.
Books may be renewed as needed. The due date is two weeks from the date the item was checked out. I ask that you help students remember that even though they may have met their 9 weeks AR goal, they must still choose books in their reading range as designated by their STAR testing.
Designated times have been set for daily AR check-in and check-out. Due to the large flow of students we ask that you allow them to bring only the AR book(s) at this time.
Staff Loan Policy
Staff members may borrow books and materials for an indefinite period of time, as needed. However, if an item is requested and needed by another staff member or student, we may notify you and request to "borrow" the item from you.
Helping Teachers Teach
I am your partner in the instructional process. The library can help you with:
- Resources for lessons and class assignments
- Informational skills integration
- Recommend books and resources for a particular topic or theme
- Prepare bibliographies & reading lists
- Information technology
- Purchase curriculum supporting materials
- Media to support instruction
- Collaboratively plan and team teach units of study
- Provide AV equipment
How Can We Help Each Other?
- Provide notes to me for students who have a special visitation need.
- Communicate with me. I want to be helpful!
- Notify me as soon as possible about any class projects where I can help you.
- Tell me of any materials you would like placed on reserve for a project.
- Meet with me for a planning session before bringing your class in for a project.
- Schedule class space in the library as far in advance as possible.
- Share with me copies of your assignments and assessment tools that will be used in the project.
- Remain with your students and supervise their behavior while they are working on special projects.
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW for more information
Links for Use